Join in the celebrations of Dunstable's Medieval weekend as October 2013 is the 800th anniversary of the dedication of the Augustinian Priory.
Dunstable Town Council images
Saturday 18th- Sunday 19th Medieval Siege Society
The siegers will be living the life of an armoured soldier on campaign in Priory Gardens, with Battle re-enactments from the Wars of the Roses www.medieval-siege-society.co.uk
- Guided tours of the Hidden Priory
- Meet the experts, historians, archaeologists, bring your finds to the Manshead archaeologists for examination.
- Medieval herbalist
- Free shield making for children
- New exhibitions and talks in Priory House throughout the day,
- Walk with a Town Guide through Medieval Dunstable
- Maypole dancing
o Saturday 18th May Priory Spring Fair 11.00-2.30
o Saturday 18th May Choral Evensong at the Priory 5pm
o Sunday 19th May St Fremund Shrine procession and installation in the Priory –
with the Bishop of Bedford. 9.30am at St Fremund’s and 10.30am at the Priory Church
Information with kind permission from http://medievaldunstable.org.uk/index.html