- This Years Events in Dunstable
- Shops & Businesses in Dunstable
- Photographs of Dunstable and the surrounding area.
- The History of Dunstable ~ Through the years.....
- Annual Car Shows ~ Priory Gardens ~ Dunstable
- Having Fun in Dunstable!
- Local Community Special Events
- Neighbourhood Alerts.
- Medieval Dunstable
- Skate Park for Dunstable
- Dunstable in Bloom Annual event.
- The Incuba - Central Bedfordshire College
- Information for the local community
- New Busway
- Christmas in Dunstable
- Olympic Torch Relay, Paralympic Flame, along with memories of The Queens Diamond Jubile.
Welcome to About Dunstable.
Together we can all make a difference. Be vocal shop local and support the Historic town of Dunstable.
Monday, 23 July 2012
Dunstable building's long awaited restoration
Long awaited repair work has now begun on a building in Dunstable that was dangerous to the public.
Number 5 High Street South, on the cross roads in Dunstable, has had scaffolding on it while Central Bedfordshire Council has traced the owner of the building to carry out repairs.
The council's efforts to get the owner to repair the building have been difficult, but after protracted negotiations and legal difficulties, contractors appointed by the owners of the building have begin extensive repairs.
The works are expected to take some weeks to complete and will include rebuilding of several parts of the building.
Cllr Brian Spurr, Executive Member for Sustainable Communities, Services, said: "This has been a long, hard process but our Building Control team's tenacity has ensured that this building will be restored. It has been a real safety issue and eyesore for Dunstable's residents and we are delighted that our hard work has paid off and the work has begun."
Central Bedfordshire Council PR 1074
Posted by My Blogs at 1:17 pm