On the 21st of June the infamous Duck was reutned to its rightful place on the 'Church Street Bridge'.
We have had some information with regard to the "Duck" from Cllr Nigel Young, it was he who also commissioned and therefore has restored the all new Duck to the Duck Bridge to it’s historical place in Dunstable legend....
~ "We couldn’t put the ducks on the parapet as, ridiculously, BAM Nuttal said it might affect the integrity of the concrete (can’t see it myself).
Original Duck sadly passed away a) because it was paper and b) because it was stuck onto half a ton of steel cut from the old bridge and too heavy to mount.
But – New bridge, new ducks – and part of the continuing economic regeneration of Dunstable"
- This Years Events in Dunstable
- Shops & Businesses in Dunstable
- Photographs of Dunstable and the surrounding area.
- The History of Dunstable ~ Through the years.....
- Annual Car Shows ~ Priory Gardens ~ Dunstable
- Having Fun in Dunstable!
- Local Community Special Events
- Neighbourhood Alerts.
- Medieval Dunstable
- Skate Park for Dunstable
- Dunstable in Bloom Annual event.
- The Incuba - Central Bedfordshire College
- Information for the local community
- New Busway
- Christmas in Dunstable
- Olympic Torch Relay, Paralympic Flame, along with memories of The Queens Diamond Jubile.
Welcome to About Dunstable.
Together we can all make a difference. Be vocal shop local and support the Historic town of Dunstable.