Central Bedfordshire Council, and their highways service provider Amey, will look at the needs of every road user to deliver a streetscene that is better balanced and suitable for all.
Cllr Nigel Young, Deputy Executive Member for Sustainable Communities – Strategic Planning and Economic Development, said: "What we are trying to achieve is a new concept, but the outcome will be a better balanced street and one that respects, and is ‘shared’ by, all users. A well balanced street minimises visual clutter and obstacles. The Court Drive scheme will use various colours of durable materials to delineate the street and most importantly, will encourage a degree of negotiation between road users."
Work will start after Easter, and is due to be completed in the summer. The work will be completed in several phases, helping to minimise disruption.
A public exhibition of the final designs will be held in late March 2012.
Central Bedfordshire Council and Amey will also be providing a dedicated bus lane in Court Drive, which will become an integral part of the Luton-Dunstable-Houghton Regis Guided Busway.
Having spoken to a local business, although they have reservations as to how this work will effect their business during the distruption they have been contacted from CBC and Amey the works contractors who will work along side them to minimise this. The businesses also look forward to seeing the first stages of Dunstable's regeneration.
- This Years Events in Dunstable
- Shops & Businesses in Dunstable
- Photographs of Dunstable and the surrounding area.
- The History of Dunstable ~ Through the years.....
- Annual Car Shows ~ Priory Gardens ~ Dunstable
- Having Fun in Dunstable!
- Local Community Special Events
- Neighbourhood Alerts.
- Medieval Dunstable
- Skate Park for Dunstable
- Dunstable in Bloom Annual event.
- The Incuba - Central Bedfordshire College
- Information for the local community
- New Busway
- Christmas in Dunstable
- Olympic Torch Relay, Paralympic Flame, along with memories of The Queens Diamond Jubile.
Welcome to About Dunstable.
Together we can all make a difference. Be vocal shop local and support the Historic town of Dunstable.