The site team (Including Ben Gadsby) will be based out of the Magistrates Court on Court Drive for the duration of works, this will help to ensure that construction is carried out with as little disruption as possible.
Many of you are aware of the scheme but as a reminder they are proposing to:
- Enhance the street scene – using colour gravel finishes on the highway to define different areas of the street, raised carriageway, minimised street clutter, widened footways, several wide flush crossings on existing desire lines and scheme wide landscaping incorporating up to 14no new Silver Birch Trees.
- Lower speed limits - 20mph speed limit along the entire length of Court Drive and surrounding residential streets.
- Modern low energy street lighting – All street lighting will be replaced with modern lighting columns with back lighting to footways.
- 7.5 tonne weight limit (except for deliveries) – All Heavy goods vehicles will now serve the area via College Drive.
- Improved public transport - dedicated bus lane with modern shelter and real time information which will become part of the Luton-Dunstable-Houghton Regis busway.