A highways improvements proposal for south west Dunstable could help reduce speed and through-traffic for residents around the area of Meadway, Langdale Road, Lowther Road, Beech Road and Oldhill.
Dunstable’s residents will have the opportunity to look at proposed highway improvements at a public exhibition on Friday, 25 May between 3.30 and 8pm and Saturday, 26 May between 10am and 1pm at Lark Rise Academy on Cartmel Drive.
The scheme aims to improve safety, especially for local schoolchildren, by reducing the amount of through-traffic and the speed vehicles travel at. The exhibition will show plans for road alterations which include junction improvements, raised crossings, footway improvements and measures to deter through-traffic.
Cllr Brian Spurr, Executive Member for Sustainable Communities Services, said: "We would encourage local residents and businesses to go and look at and comment on the plans for their area, which will make a massive improvement to these roads and the surrounding area."
- This Years Events in Dunstable
- Shops & Businesses in Dunstable
- Photographs of Dunstable and the surrounding area.
- The History of Dunstable ~ Through the years.....
- Annual Car Shows ~ Priory Gardens ~ Dunstable
- Having Fun in Dunstable!
- Local Community Special Events
- Neighbourhood Alerts.
- Medieval Dunstable
- Skate Park for Dunstable
- Dunstable in Bloom Annual event.
- The Incuba - Central Bedfordshire College
- Information for the local community
- New Busway
- Christmas in Dunstable
- Olympic Torch Relay, Paralympic Flame, along with memories of The Queens Diamond Jubile.