Sunday 29 April 2012

Dunstable / My old home town by Paul Keating

I first moved to Dunstable in 2001 just before the birth of my first Daughter. Having moved from Staines, South West London, I was apprehensive to say the least about bringing my new family to a strange far away place.
I remember my first impression of Dunstable being a very busy industrial town with two scary roundabouts at the junction of High Street North and West Street. I called them “suicide roundabouts” because people almost seemed to close their eyes behind the wheel of their cars and stamp on the accelerator to get through! These roundabouts were soon replaced by the worst phasing of traffic lights in the history of Bedfordshire............

Paul contacted 'About Dunstable' with regard to using some of our photographs which were more than happy for him to use for this piece on Dunstable.

To read Paul's full story please click on the link below ~ It makes for an excellent read and we hope you enjoy it as much as we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment