- Enhance the street scene – using colour gravel finishes on the highway to define different areas of the street, raised carriageway, minimised street clutter, widened footways, several wide flush crossings on existing desire lines and scheme wide landscaping incorporating up to 14no new Silver Birch Trees.
- Lower speed limits - 20mph speed limit along the entire length of Court Drive and surrounding residential streets.
- Modern low energy street lighting – All street lighting will be replaced with modern lighting columns with back lighting to footways.
- 7.5 tonne weight limit (except for deliveries) – All Heavy goods vehicles will now serve the area via College Drive.
- Improved public transport - dedicated bus lane with modern shelter and real time information which will become part of the Luton-Dunstable-Houghton Regis busway.
More information about the ongoing work can be found at